Did you know that they are approximately 3.6 million miles of streams and rivers in the United States? The amount of natural waterways that we boast is pretty impressive and some of the most beautiful and adventure-worthy trips are just waiting for you! At OMEALS, we absolutely love making memories in nature and we know how much you, our friends and customers, do as well. Are you looking for some of the most incredible rivers in the US? Here is a list we compiled of some destinations that are currently top contenders and some of the most amazing places to float downstream in our very own country.
Not all waterways are created equal - in fact, some of them you may be able to leisurely float along while some will take you on a wild ride and may require some more safety precautions. If you are a thrill seeker or just a weekend relaxation specialist, there is a beautiful river with your name on it. According to the U.S. Department of the Interior, here are 9 of the most popular and recommended rivers:
1. Deschutes Wild and Scenic River in Oregon - Perfect for whitewater rafting
2. Beartrap Canyon Madison River in Montana - Great for fishing and boating
3. Labyrinth Canyon on the lower Green River in Utah - Amazing flat water experience
4. Gulkana Wild and Scenic River in Alaska - Whitewater rafting is amazing here
5. Gunnison Gorge on the Gunnison River in Colorado - Fishing and boating on this one
6. Delaware Wild in Pennsylvania and New Jersey - Flat water is great for kayaking
7. North Fork of the American River in California - Whitewater trip that you will love
8. North Platte River in Wyoming - Fishing hot spot
9. Chattooga Wild in North, South Carolina and Georgia - Incredible rafting experiences
These rivers are great for a weekend trip or even a long vacation. With so many activities to partake in and the nature to take in all around, these destinations will not leave you disappointed. Don’t forget to pack some OMEALS for the journey so you won’t ever have to wonder what’s for lunch! Self heating meals that won’t require any additional equipment make your day on the river stress free and delicious.