Road trips are still some of the most popular ways to travel & during this summer season, it seems that the amount of people choosing to hop in their car and hit the highway are more than ever. The ability to safely travel in your own car and stop at the destinations you choose is a smart and fun way to check out new places and have adventures that you will remember for years to come. There are two types of people that plan for road trips and those are the ones who overplay and pack and the ones who under plan and pack. Which camp do you fit into?
Whether you are ready with a trunk full of all the necessities and a thoroughly detailed map or you are just winging it and would consider yourself a minimalist, there are still some things we suggest for every road tripper to have with them! Here is our ultimate road trip packing list for those with a need for travel:
1. Your car necessities. This includes everything from your license, registration, and insurance handy to a spare time and roadside assistance! Having all of this will give you peace of mind while you are on the road.
2. First Aid and things you would not want to be stuck without. Think about bug spray and sunscreen. While you travel it is likely you will be wishing you had them, so making sure that your car is stocked will make it so you never have to find a convince store before hitting a hike!
3. A flashlight and extra batteries & car chargers. Being prepared is one of the best things you can do for yourself! These small things can make all the difference when a time comes that you may desperately need them.
4. Travel pillows are a must! Especially when traveling with friends or family. As one person drives, others can catch some zzz’s!
5. Water bottles. Water is essential to life - and as we know, some destinations will dry you up real quick. Make sure you pack extra waters to stay safe and healthy along your drive.
6. FOOD. This is so important. Not only is having food and snacks with you going to save you time and money along the way, but there is likely going to come a time when you cannot find food at the moment you are hungry. Being prepared with OMEALS is a great option. You can carry a bunch without taking up space, and you don’t even need a stove or fire to heat them up. Everything you need is in the bag & any liquid can be used to start the heating process. We have meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert and we definitely think they are the superior road trip meals!