WHAT IS OMEALS?
OMEALS IS A BRAND OF PREMIUM OUTDOOR HOMESTYLE MEAL FOODS. IT IS THE FIRST FULLY COOKED, SELF-HEATING MEAL WITH A FLEXIBLE PACKAGING, IN THE OUTDOOR AND RETAIL MARKET.
When is OMEALS ideal to use?
OMEALS is ideal to use for camping trips, hunting trips, fishing trips, hiking. It is the perfect outdoor meal, fishing trip lunch, hunting trip meal, camping food etc. OMEALS is also great food storage to have as an emergency food supply and survival food kit.
What is the difference between OMEALS and Freeze Dry/ Dehydrated Foods?
Unlike freeze dry/dehydrated foods, OMEALS does not need to be re-hydrated or re-constituted. Its real food that looks as delicious as it tastes!
Is the OMEALS heater safe?
- Yes! We’ve conducted extensive testing with UL laboratories to measure the flammability and toxicity of the heaters exothermic reaction. OMEALS is safe to use in confined spaces like tents, cars, and cabins. OMEALS does not emit gas, it’s purely steam.
Is OMEALS an MRE (Meal ready to eat)?
- OMEALS is NOT an MRE or military food! OMEALS uses a similar technology for heating, however the heater is safe- it does not contain magnesium. The food is made specifically for civilians providing a premium nutritional content and low sodium offering.
How can I increase my calorie count or portion size?
- You can add trail mix, nuts, fruit to your oatmeal. You can add precooked proteins, rices, noodles to the lunch/dinner flavors, just make sure they are precooked, and self-contained in a freezer grade zip lock bag. They heat up at the same time as the meal, allow for a few extra minutes to heat up all your food. Follow our Hack Videos for some tips!
What if I can’t add water to heat my OMEALS?
- ANY liquid works, whether its sodas, juices, teas, river water, ocean water, coffee etc.
What is the shelf life of OMEALS?
- All OMEALS products get stamped on the top flap with a best by date of 36 months from when its packed - we guarantee the wholesomeness when stored at room temperature.
Is the leftover water used to heat my meal, safe to drink?
- We do not recommend drinking the water.