Each new year comes with a renewed spirit and motivation to hit goals never achieved & start something fresh! Outdoor enthusiasts alike have long been setting new resolutions and milestones to reach in 2020! Do you have something on your mind that you are hoping to achieve this year? Setting a goal and reaching it is one of the most fulfilling things that we can do, so if you are itching for some adventure and nature time to kick off this new decade, then look no further. Here we have compiled a list of the top 10 new years goals from outdoor enthusiasts!
1. Plan a long distance run. This is one of the most popular new years resolutions for people who are already active or not! Setting a goal to run a long distance race keeps you accountable in training and when complete, shows how much your dedication paid off! You can do it!
2. Enter an adventure race. For those who run and hike often but are looking to take it to the next level, adventure races are all the rage. There are countless different types, from survivalist to snowy mountain top hiking. Either way, this will challenge you in a whole new way.
3. Become a better photographer. A common regret is not documenting more of the beauty that is seen on many adventurers’ journeys. Being able to shoot a picture that accurately portrays your time in that spot is a goal for many!
4. Try something out of your comfort zone. Rock climbing, sky diving, scuba diving… we hear these types of goals from many people. There is a thrill and excitement about doing something you have never done before, and maybe overcoming some fears while you are at it!
5. Explore a National Park that you have yet to visit. With all of the beautiful and diverse parks that our country has to offer – finding a new one to explore is a great way to find new adventures.
6. Travel in a new way. Many of us tend to stick to our one way of doing something and we get comfortable. Break out of that mold by doing something totally new. If you generally drive to a spot and get a hotel, maybe try renting a camper or van one time and staying in a beautiful campground. You may just fall in love with a change of pace.
7. Visit a country you have yet to go. The possibilities are endless, but getting to explore a completely new culture is an experience that everyone should have on their bucket list!
8. Find ways to give back. Bring a trash bag with you and clean up the trail or use reusable and recyclable materials on your next campout. Giving back to the earth that we love will make your adventures even more worthwhile.
9. Invite a family member or friend along with you. Do you ever get the “you’re so lucky to get to travel and explore so often!” from friends and family? Make it a point this year to find an activity that they would love and invite them along!
10. Keep a journal or blog. Sometimes while you are in an incredible spot or just completed a life changing activity you can think, “I’ll never forget this day!” but the truth is that over time, details and memories can fade. Keeping a journal or blog of your adventures is a great way to ensure that you will always have those fresh memories to share and to reminisce.
At OMEALS, we truly believe in empowering the everyday explorer. Our meals have been created with you in mind, so that you don’t have any excuse to go out there and crush those new years resolutions!